The Silent Partner QUEST is among the highest-performance portable tennis ball machine you can buy. The AC version weighs only 40 pounds while the AC/DC is still an easily transportable 50 pounds. Whether configured for battery operation, for plugging into an AC outlet, or as an AC-DC hybrid, the Silent Partner QUEST has more speed and more spin potential than any other portable machine in the world. This extraordinary performance capability is harnessed by a microprocessor that has been programmed to provide many sophisticated features.
Here is a description of these features and of the design philosophy behind them:
Control Panel: Take a look at the panel of the QUEST. Although the machine is computer-controlled, you won't need to go searching through menus to find the features you need. Right on the panel are 14 buttons, two display windows, and 27 little lights that give you the control and feedback you need to operate the machine easily. Absolutely nothing is hidden, and the buttons are springy to provide excellent tactile feedback.
Remote Control: Nice as the control panel is, it is our intention to allow you to control all functions of the machine conveniently from the remote control. The 20 buttons on the remote control are a little smaller than on the panel but are also springy for tactile feedback. For additional feedback, the machine will beep every time it receives a command from the remote control, which is essential communication when you are standing on the opposite baseline.
Memories: The QUEST has a MEMORY button that allows you to store preferred settings into three different memories. You can, for example, save your preferred settings for practicing the types of shots produced by three different opponents. Or a family can use one memory for Dad, one for Mom, and one for little André. Saving settings in memory is easy. You hold the memory button down for 2 seconds, like when setting stations in a car radio.
Adaptive All-Court Sweep: This advanced feature will feed balls randomly horizontally and vertically for all-court coverage. The vertical oscillation is "adaptive" because the computer provides the right amount of vertical oscillation for the SPEED and SPIN that you have selected. Adaptiveness works even with very high speeds, flat throws, and topspin. Depending on the speed, spin, and feed rates selected, the Adaptive-All-Court feature can provide a practice session worthy of a tour player.
2-Line Function: 2-Line delivery is set directly as a choice on the SWEEP button. Balls are delivered to two locations in alternations. This is useful when practicing a forehand and a backhand stroke one after the other or when feeding two players or two lines of players.
Angle of Sweep: The QUEST offers a choice of a narrow or a wide angle of delivery. The convenient WIDTH button allows you to select the angle directly from the panel or the remote control. The selected angle will apply to random oscillation, Adaptive All-Court Sweep, and 2-line delivery.
The QUEST also offers:
- The famous Silent Partner propulsion system is capable of speeds up to 95mph, along with dizzying top and back spin capability.
- A battery level indicator will usually tell you that you have a lot of charge left in the high-capacity battery.
- Visible alignment fins for easy centering of the machine on the baseline.
- Self-parking of the horizontal oscillator in the center position upon turn-off.
- Pause control with a delay pause feature that delays the feed for 15 seconds.
- Electronic elevation control with seven indicator lights.
- Digital display windows for SPEED and FEED RATE.
- Electronic Spin Control with seven indicator lights.
- Easy-Lift cut-out handles high on the machine to eliminate the need to bear-hug the machine to lift it.
- Full-function 20-button wireless remote control
- Heavy-duty battery (largest capacity of any ball machine)
- Premium smart charger (any faster charger will reduce the life of the battery). Automatic switching to trickle charge eliminates the danger of overcharging and allows you to keep the charger connected to maintain the battery during long layoffs.
- AC units come with the power cord but no charger.
- AC-DC units come with an external AC power supply that can be used as an extremely fast charger in an emergency. A premium smart charger is also supplied with AC-DC units for normal charging situations.