Scoop Series - Rival
The Silent Partner RIVAL is the entry level Scoop model with outstanding ball capacity (300) and a full function wireless remote control. The AC version weighs only 40 pounds while the ACDC is still an easily transportable 50 pounds. Whether configured for battery-operation, for plugging into an AC outlet, or as an AC-DC hybrid, the Silent Partner RIVAL has more speed and more spin potential than any other portable machine in the world. This extraordinary performance capability is harnessed by a microprocessor that provides easy and convenient operation. Here is a description of these features and of the design philosophy behind them:
Control Panel: Take a look at panel of the RIVAL. Although the machine is computer controlled, you won't need to go searching through menus to find the features you need. Right there on the panel are 13 buttons, two display windows and 16 little lights that provide you with all the control and feedback you need to operate the machine easily. Absolutely nothing is hidden, and the buttons are springy to provide excellent tactile feedback.
Remote Control: Nice as the control panel is, it is our intention to allow to control all functions of the machine conveniently from the remote control. The 16 buttons on the remote control are a little smaller than on the panel, but they are also springy for tactile feedback. For additional feedback, the machine will beep everytime it receives a command from the remote control, essential communication when you are standing on the opposite baseline.
Memories: The RIVAL has a MEMORY button that allows you to store preferred settings into three different memories. You can, for example, save your preferred settings for practicing the types of shots produced by three different opponents. Or a family can use one memory for Dad, one for Mom and one for little André. Saving settings in memory is easy. You hold the memory button down for 2 seconds, just like when setting stations in a car radio.
Random Oscillator: The RIVAL has an oscillator that sweeps the court from side to side, allowing you to groove your groundstrokes as you practice your footwork. You can also use the random oscillator to sharpen your volleys and to chase lobs.
The RIVAL also offers:
- The famous Silent Partner propulsion system capable of speeds up to 95mph, along with dizzying top and back spin capability.
- A battery level indicator that will usually tell you that you have a lot of charge left in the high capacity battery.
- Visible alignment fins for easy centering of the machine on the baseline.
- Pause control with a delay pause feature that delays feed for 15 seconds.
- Electronic elevation control.
- Digital display windows for SPEED and FEED RATE.
- Electronic Spin Control with seven indicator lights.
- Easy-Lift cut-out handles high on the machine to eliminate the need to bear hug the machine to lift it.
- Full function 16-button wireless remote control
- Heavy-duty battery (largest capacity of any ball machine)
- Premium fast charger (any faster charger will reduce the life of the battery). Automatic switching to trickle charge eliminates the danger of overcharging and allows you to keep the charger connected to maintain the battery during long layoffs.
- AC units come with the power cord but no charger
Please note there is an additional fee for the AC-DC version of this machine.